Jogjakarta


Jogjakarta or Yogyakarta had always be the top of local travel destinations in Indonesia, when I am writing these , I find it hard for me to start with them, not only because each place is different, they are also charming in their own way, if you ask me what I truly love the most about Jogjakarta, then it's most likely the humbleness of the overall, and the people. As an Indonesian myself, I must say that I find Indonesians to generally be friendly, but Jogjakarta people are what you call "friendly times 100".
 
It can be your guide to travelling in Jogjakarta, and if this is your first time planning a trip here, I hope this post can help you plan a good one. This is certainly not a complete list because I'm here on a limited time and I do need more to surf Jogjakarta and around, I have been to Jogjakarta five times in my life and there is just something so mysterious about Jogjakarta that I find each visit to be quite different.
 
Yogyakarta is one of the provinces of Indonesia. Indonesia is located in the Southeast Asia, meaning we are one of the tropical countries where weather is either rainy, hot or hotter. Indonesia is overall hot and humid with a chance of rain. Dry season in Indonesia occurs from April-September and rainy season from October-May. I personally won't say this is valid anymore because it's currently August and it rains almost every single day during the moment this post is being typed
 
EVERYTHING in Jogjakarta is either cheap or OMFG cheap, and accommodation is included. I was pretty shocked when I only need to pay barely $60 per night for a 4-star hotel here in Jogjakarta (with breakfast). The accommodation in Jogjakarta is very affordable and reasonably priced with proper size room.
 
There are some local transportations that are commonly used: angkot (humble communal van with no AC), local bus, taxi, becak, delman and Trans Jogja. Trans Jogja is basically the humble and less glam version of Jakarta's Trans Jakarta but with the same function which is as the mass road transport. I wouldn't recommend taking angkot, becak, delman or local bus here (especially if you're a tourist), taxis here are quite cheap to me (because I live in Jakarta and I know how expensive the taxis here are) and since Jogjakarta now supports Uber, Grab Car, Go Car and Gojek, it literally made all my travelling here WAY easier.
 
Quoting KLA Project's famous 90s hit "Jogjakarta" and it perfectly describes Malioboro's food scene where it's packed with food stalls Lesehan style where people sit on the floor shoeless. In no way this single post can cover what to eat in Jogjakarta as there are A LOT and I obviously have to make another individual post just for the food. When In Jogjakarta, I highly recommend to surf the local Food scene if you're a first timer here rather than the cafes and restaurants because most Java island provinces outside Jakarta are the champs when it comes to local food. Some of the must try Jogja local food are Gudeg (for sure), Lotek, Sate Klathak, Sate Petir, Mangut Lele, Ayam Geprek, humble Angkringan & Lesehan food and many more. Believe me I am going to abuse the word "humble" in the best way A LOT here.
 
 
So lets go to Jogjakarta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cara Cepat Cetak Label Sticker Undangan Pernikahan dengan MS word

Exotic Food in Jogjakarta